Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day & Sam's Baptism

My first mother's day was absolutely wonderful! I really don't think I could have spent this very specail day any better.  Sam was baptized which was so special and all of our dear family was here to share this day with us.  Sam did great during his baptism.  He was hilarious and had the congregation cracking up on several occasions.  Evidently he was flashing his sweet smile when our preacher was walking him down the isle and introducing him to his church family.  The elder that introduced sam was our nextdoor neighbor, Tommy King.  He is a special man and we were honored for him to stand up there with us.  When we got back to the house he said, "Sam has a characteristic that will take him far in life, and that is, that he smiles when he looks at you."  That is true.  Sam is a smiling boy and as I always say, we feel so so blessed and fortunate to have a happy, healthy baby boy.  

Now, that I am a mom, I am a big fan of mother's day. :)  Moms work HARD and deserve to be celebrated!  To my mom, thank you for being there for me through everything, teaching me all you know, and being my example for who I want to be to my children.  My first mother's day was perfect.

double mint, double mint, gum!


4 generations!
 

1 comment: