Monday, October 17, 2011

First trip to Wilson!

Last week, I was in Wilson all week with Sam, my mom, dad, and kate.  Lewis was on a hunting trip in Canada.  The lord works in mysterious ways because while it was very hard for our family to be apart at this time, I learned a ton being at home with my parents and sam, and lewis had a blast on his trip.  He had the camera so I don't have any pics to update the blog with. 

So last Monday Lewis helped Sam and I hit the road to Wilson first thing in the morning.  We had the Jeep loaded up with baby equipment.  We made it to Wilson safely with only one stop along the way to reinsert the passy.  Monday was a wonderful day.  Sam snoozed most of the day and part of that time was in his great grandmother's (GG's) arms.  Soo.. Tuesday was a different story.  Sam was next to inconsolable.  He would not sleep and his eating patterns were just off.  I was thinking.. 6 week growth spurt.  My mom, dad, and I were taking shifts with Sam and trying to catch a few z's in between.  This continued into the day on Thursday.  My mom and I decided we were going to venture out of the house with Sam on Thursday and take him to Monticellos.  We were in there about 3 minutes when we decided we would order it to go.  We got home and my dad was sent on a mission to find some gas drops.  He came back with the liquid gold!  We gave Sam the drops and he was a different baby.  That afternoon he slept about 4 hours straight.  We were all SO happy!  We were so glad he was comfortable!  He still didn't sleep all that great the next few days but he definitely seemed to feel better. 

I really don't think I could have gotten through last week without my mom and dad.  We all did a lot of problem solving.  I learned so much and have a new lease on motherhood.  :)  I think my dad's comment, "Your motherly instinct is making you crazy" whipped me into shape.  I have been trying to be so by the book and I have been writing everything down (how long & when sam eats, when he uses the bathroom, etc.) I think I really was driving myself crazy.  Lewis would probably, well i know he would agree.  I have learned that the best thing to do is watch your child and learn your child's individual needs.  So goodbye daily schedules!  Whew, that is a load off!

While we missed Lewis like crazy last week, it was such a special special time for me and my parents.  It meant the absolute world to me to have them help me SO much with Sam and for them to get some priceless bonding time with their first grandbaby.  Thank you mom and dad!  I love ya'll so much!

1 comment:

  1. So glad it's all getting better!! I definitely say no books!!!

    ReplyDelete