Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Motivation!

I just recieved the motivation I needed to start bloggin!  A dear friend reminded me of how happy I will be to look back on this blog as the time goes by and as our family grows!  I started this blog when I was about 41 weeks pregnant and we were still expecting Sam.  I remember sitting in our recliner downstairs at 3:30 am trying to get comfortable with a computer on my lap and an 8 lb 13 oz baby bump.  I spent a lot of my time that last week of pregnancy trying to get comfortable and really the only thing that eased my mind was the thought of Sam's arrival. 

September 2 at about 9:30 pm Lewis and I had just finished dinner and were watching the US open.  A somewhat normal Friday night until I had a different feeling.  Lewis and I were in the car on the way to the hospital within 10 minutes.  We got to the hospital and we were told it would be an hour wait!  So.. an hour and a half later we were finally admitted.  I was about  6 cm dilated and it was on!  Sam was on his way.  Both of our parents had dropped what they were doing and were headed to the hospital.  So.. at 2:56 in the morning of September 3rd 2011, Samuel Lewis Deans "Sam"was born!  Pure Joy! It was the most amazing experience of our lives.  It was and is truly truly a miracle! We felt and still feel unbelievably blessed to have a healthy baby boy!

The past month has been an amazing adventure.  Sam has stolen our hearts and every day with him is a blessing.  However super challenging!  We have been inundated with love and support as we adjust to parenthood.  We (especially me) over analyze everything in a desperate attempt to figure out this little man.  Sam started off sleeping so much that my primary concern was if he was eating enough.  After much debate and a trip to the pediatrician to weigh him, we decided to let the boy sleep!  He was back at his birth weight within his first week so we decided that if was hungry he would let us know.  So we let him set his own schedule for a few days and it was quite sporadic and unpredictable.  At 3 weeks Sam woke up!  He started eating every 3 hours like clock work!  Seriously, down to the minute.  He still eats every 3 hours or so however he is starting to log a few more hours at night.  We are hoping this trend continues!  In his 3rd week, we also noticed Sam getting a little more fussy.  We took him back to the pediatrician and has a mild case of reflux.  So we starting him on a small dose of zantac and it made a world of difference.  We are now at week 4 (1 MONTH!) and Sam still has his fussy spells but he is a baby!  We are still trying to figure out a schedule and this and that, but I think the one thing we have nailed down is that we love this little guy more than anything and we need to soak up every single bit of this crazy, joyful time!

September 3, 2011 - Sam's Birthday!!

Whew! So glad to be out of there!

"In my mind, I'm goin' to Carolina!"

First trip to Topsail!!

1 month!

4 comments:

  1. Love this post! Looking forward to many many more!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Can't wait to read more! Look how tall Sam has gotten!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! I can't wait to follow and watch Sam grow!!

    ReplyDelete