Saturday, December 3, 2011

Occupations

I went back to work 2 weeks ago today.  I am 2 weeks late on this post becuase 2 weeks ago, I had all kinds of emotions related to returning to work.  Now I am still getting into the swing of our new routine, but I am not quite as emotionally involved as I was.  I dreaded that first day back but I had grown so tired of dreading it that it was such a relief to finally go back.  Although it was painful to be away from Sam, I realized how much I really love my job and how very very fortunate I am to be able to do it 2 days a week. It is so perfect! I am loving being back in the working world.  It is great to get my brain juices flowing but I assure you I would not be so enthusiastic if it were more than 2 days.  Two days at work and 5 days with Sam is just how I like it.  I am still getting used to our routine because we have not yet had a normal week with Thanksgiving and some weekend work days thrown in the mix.  It is definitely taking me a little bit of adjusting as I switch back and forth from my different roles, but I am getting there.  

Sam has some new occupations as well.  He is a sponge!  It is so awesome to see him explore his world and constantly learn about his environment.  Since play is a child's primary occupation, we spend a lot of time playing!  I love seeing the changes that take place everyday as we he develops new skills. 

Couldn't really think of a good caption, I just like this picture.

Give me one more minute mom, this is the best part!

Sorry Bud, not for another 21 years

3 comments:

  1. LOVE Sam reading! He is concentrating so hard. Smart boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE everyone of those pics!! I am so glad the work schedule is going well!! I think two days is the perfect mix as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is he focusing more on the book or the beer? A healthy balance of concentration, Sam!! Glad you are enjoying the work schedule!!

    ReplyDelete